Diaper Cake FAQ
Frequently asked Questions
What brand of diaper do you use?
- Pamper Swaddlers
What size of diapers do you use?
- We use size 1 diapers. Because baby birth weights vary, we know that all babies will be or eventually wear size 1.
What is the weight range for size 1 diapers?
- Pampers size 1 will fit babies 8-14 lbs.
Do the cakes shipped match the image on the website?
- Yes! We do not make any substitutions. I have seen other websites that says they can substitutions if needed. We will not substitute any items at our will.
Can any of the Lil’ Baby Cakes be made with cloth diapers?
- No. Cloth diapers do not give us the flexibility to achieve the same designs as shown on the site. In the future, we will offer a small selection of cloth diapers cakes.
Do you do custom cake themes?
- Having been online since 1999 offering diaper cakes, we have found customers have such wide expectations of themed cakes and many of our suppliers require a minimum of plush purchases and no one may want the same theme. Therefore, we try to offer a wide selection of themes to choose from. We will change the color of the ribbons on our current offerings. All you have to do is put a note in the comment field that you would prefer a change of color. For example, you would prefer lavender vs. pink on a cake. We will be happy to accommodate.
Do I have to assemble anything upon receipt?
- No, your cake is handmade and wrapped with tulle and ready for gift giving right out of the box.
Can I add a gift message to my order?
- Yes, there is a gift message box during checkout. Put your personal message and it will be placed on a gift card to be enclosed with your gift.
Do you enclose pricing with the cakes?
Do you ship to hospitals?
- We discourage shipping to hospitals. The cakes are shipped in corrugated boxes and get delivered to the general mailroom with other packages. (Some mailrooms are even off site from the main hospital). The mailroom then has to sort the packages and deliver to the patient rooms. Because hospital stays are so short, the new family could be home before the mailroom delivers to the patient room. Also, the new family has so much to worry about in taking their newborn home, it is wonderful to have a Lil’ Baby Cake delivered to their home and not have to transport from the hospital.
Are there any places you do not ship?
- We do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii.
Do you ship internationally?
- No we do not ship internationally. Many foreign countries charge a duty and it cannot be paid prior to shipment. Because many of our orders are gifts, the reality is that no one wants to pay to receive a gift. Therefore, we do not ship internationally.
I live in a foreign country, can I ship to someone in the United States?
- Yes, you can place an order to be shipped to any of the contiguous 48 states.
What mode of transportation do you use?
- UPS ground is our standard transportation method.
- For mini, two, and three tier cakes our UPS ground shipping is $9.95
- For four tier cakes our UPS ground shipping is $12.95
- USPS Express is also offered during checkout
- The USPS Express rates vary per weight and destination of shipment
Do you provide a tracking number for the shipment?
- UPS will send you an email to the address on the order with your tracking number. It is vitally important that your email is correct in to receive tracking information.
- USPS tracking numbers will be sent to your email by Lil’ Baby Cakes.
How long does it take to hand make and ship my order?
- Lil’ Baby Cakes hand makes your order and ships within 24-48 hours. This is the time used in house. Once the cake is made, wrapped, and packaged it is shipped. You can review the shipping chart to see what the estimated UPS transit time is by clicking XXXXXXXXXXXXX
How long does my order take to be delivered?
- Lil’ Baby Cakes is located in Michigan. Please review the UPS map to see where you are located for the UPS ground transit time.
- USPS Express is the expedited shipping using the US Post Office. The transit time varies from 1 to 2 days depending on the destination location.
How can I place an order?
- You can place it online at your convenience or you can call 866-944-2253 and we will be happy to take the order for you.
Why should I order from Lil’ Baby Cakes?
Our selections are designed and hand made exclusively at and for Lil’ Baby Cakes. We do not drop ship other vendors’ products on this site.
- We are a member of the Better Business Bureau and have been since 2007 with an A+ rating.
- We love offering a design that keeps giving. Once the diapers are use, our designs offer such sweet plush animals for the new baby to hug and cherish. We only use trusted Plush Animal vendors that you will only find in baby boutiques – not at mass merchandiser. Why do we look for quality vendors? Because we smile when we get emails letting us know the babies 1st year pic included the bear from the diaper cake.
- We strive to make you and your gift the most memorable gift the new baby will receive.
Extra tips to remember when ordering:
- Remember to check your email address is correct. We all get busy sometimes and make a typo, but our system will only be able to send you a copy of your order and shipping information to the email on the order.
- Include apartment number if required. UPS will not deliver if this information is missing.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 866-944-2253 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to welcome you into the Lil’ Baby Cakes family!
We are required by law to collect any applicable sales taxes for orders placed by Michigan residents. Sales tax liability for non-Michigan residents is the responsibility of the customer depending on the applicable sale tax law in the state they reside.
Our Lil’ Baby Cakes “Word of Honor” Guarantee:
“100% Satisfaction or Your Money Back!”
You satsifaction is 100% guaranteed on anything you buy from Lil Baby Cakes. Our top priority is for you to be thrilled with your diaper cake. But if for any reason you aren’t we’ll cheerfully refund your money or replace your diaper cake. You have our word on it.
If you are not happy for any reason, please contact us within 3 business days upon receipt of your item at email@example.com for a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA). The return shipment of the cake is the responsibilty of the buyer. Upon return receipt of your item at Li'l Baby Cakes, we will refund the total price of your order less the shipping fees.
We cannot be responsible for orders that must be delivered by a specific date, unless the order is shipped via VIP Express Service. Please remember that orders can take up to 2 days to be made plus the shipping time. Priority Mail generally requires 2-3 days to deliver, but occasionally can take up to 4 days. Please refer to the shipping chart shown here for typical shipping times.
We accept credit cards and Paypal! VISA,MasterCard, American Express, and VISA Check cards.