I believe that the best baby showers reflect not only the excitement of the parents-to-be but also their passions and personality. In 2014, baby shower themes will no longer just be about the colors pink, blue or pale green. These showers will be events that tell the story of the past of the parents and their future hopes for their new bundle of joy.
5 Baby Shower Themes for 2014
- The Hot Air Balloon Shower — The hot air balloon is one of the hottest nursery themes and baby shower themes of 2014. This theme is filled with whimsy, and is perfect for parents who have sky-high hopes for their new baby. Use cake pops that look like balloons for dessert and decorate with plenty of real balloons.
- The Gender Reveal Shower — Many couples today find out whether they are having a little boy or a girl long before the baby is born. Announcing this big news at the shower can be great fun. Plan a shower game that requires guests to guess the gender of the baby. Have the parents-to-be open up a box filled with either pink or blue balloons to make the announcement.
- The Shower with Elephants — Forget the owl — 2014 is all about the elephant. This nurturing yet strong creature is the perfect symbol for a new life, and best of all it is gender neutral.
- The Heritage Shower — I’ve found that many couples are starting to honor their past as they plan for the future. A heritage shower is a great way to celebrate a baby’s background. For instance, a Scottish shower can be filled with tartan decorations and shortbread can be served for dessert.
- The Vintage Shower — Go back a few decades and throw the perfect vintage shower for that special mom-to-be in your life. Play old-fashioned baby shower games and use the pram and vintage baby rattles as decorations for this shower.
Whether the mom-to-be is expecting a little bouncing baby boy or a tiny sweet baby girl, she deserves the celebration of a lifetime. This is a big moment in any person’s life, and I have found that friends and family love to share in the joy of this exciting time. In 2014, expect to see expertly-planned baby showers that are inspired by symbols of hope for the next generation.