A Diaper Cake Makes a Great Baby Shower Centerpiece for any Baby Shower Celebration
So, you have decided to host a baby shower. How exciting!
One of the most important decisions when hosting a baby shower is to choose the right theme. There are many possibilities, so it will be up to you to decide how detailed you want to be. For some people, having a blue theme for boys or a pink theme for girls is exactly what they are after. Others consider using characters such as a lady bug or giraffe, while still others get more detailed with decorations depicting a winter wonderland or jungle.
No matter what you decide, you'll want to carry your theme over into invitations and decorations. A great way to create a focal point for your shower is to use a baby diaper cake. A baby diaper cake is a decoration made of Pampers that are placed into the shape of a tiered cake and are covered in cute baby items that match the theme.
Why Use Baby Diaper Cakes?
There are many good reasons for using a baby diaper cake to decorate for a baby shower. Here are the top seven reasons hosts and hostesses decide to buy a baby diaper cake:
1. The adorable factor. Baby diaper cakes are cute as well as unique. The mom-to-be will ooh and ahh and may even have to fight the urge to cuddle the diaper cake!
2. The practical factor. Most decorations are money down the drain. You use them to make the shower look pretty, and then you throw them away. This is not true with a baby diaper cake. Since the cake is made with dozens of Pampers and decorated with premium-quality baby items, the entire baby diaper cake is usable after the baby shower.
3. The fun factor. Getting baby diapers is a needed present, but it can be boring to open up a pack of Pampers. There is nothing boring about an adorable baby diaper cake!
4. Inclusive factor. No matter what theme you choose, you can have a baby diaper cake that adds to the ambiance. Is the shower for a boy? There is a baby diaper cake for that. Is the shower for twins? There is a baby diaper cake for that, too. No matter the gender, theme, or time of year, a baby diaper cake is the perfect decoration.
5. Adoption factor. Some showers are for babies that are being adopted, even beyond infancy. As long as the child is still in diapers, a baby diaper cake can fit the occasion.
6. The memory factor. A baby shower should be memorable and using a baby diaper cake as part of your decorations will certainly be remembered by the mom-to-be and all the guests. The diaper cake will set your theme, be an icebreaker as everyone talks about your smart choice of a gorgeous diaper cake, and look beautiful in all the photos.
7. The ease factor. When planning a shower, the details can get overwhelming. However, when you choose to use a baby diaper cake, not only do you have the main decoration taken care of, you also have your gift for the mom-to-be. How easy is that?
How Can You Use A Baby Diaper Cake For Decorating?
Most baby diaper cakes are used in one of two areas: the food table centerpiece and the gift table centerpiece.
Adding a centerpiece to the food table is a wonderful way to add flair to the party. In years past, the table centerpiece was often a bouquet of flowers that would eventually die and be thrown away. How much better to use a baby diaper cake that is far cuter than a vase of flowers and can then go home with the expectant parent for use once the baby arrives? Imagine the wonderful comments as the mom-to-be and guests see the baby diaper cake for the first time.
Another idea is to use the baby shower diaper cake as a centerpiece for the gift table. As guests come in, one of the first things they do is ask where to place their gift. What a wonderful way to have guests exclaim over the theme and decorations as they enter for the party.
However, don't feel that this is the only way to use the baby diaper cake as a decoration. It could also be placed in a corner with other theme-related items, on a guest registry table, or even the fireplace mantle or hearth.
No matter your theme, a baby diaper cake will help make your party look fantastic. Make your baby shower great by buying a baby diaper cake and using it as a centerpiece that everyone will talk about.